Over the last 25 years, CompoTech has established itself as an innovative composite solutions provider. The company specialises in providing CFRP machine tool and automation solutions as an alternative to steel and aluminium to reduce weight, increase stiffness, improve damping and significantly increase productivity while reducing overall manufacturing costs.
CompoTech has proprietary automated fibre placement production facilities, in-house R & D process development and design engineering expertise, 3D printed tooling and CNC machining. These extensive capabilities enable CompoTech to create and manufacture to order a wide variety of standard and bespoke lightweight, vibration-damped, carbon fibre epoxy composite components.
The CompoTech team applies a fresh thinking composites process approach to finding innovative structural design solutions, with a major R & D focus on improving the performance of automated lines and industrial machines systems. The knowledge and expertise gained from successful process development projects and the production of high precision, dynamic machine and automation systems is transferrable across a wide cross-section of industries, which includes: aerospace, agriculture, defence, automotive, mass transport, bicycles and leisure marine.
Recent automated process innovations developed by CompoTech include:
- Mountain bike frame with automated production using integrated loop technology (ILT) fibre joint for stronger, more economical epoxy carbon structural joints.
- Handling Manipulator with bushings integrated into the wound structure.
- JEC Innovation award-winning carbon composite aileron one-step-cure production. Developed in 2019 now in use on the Aero L-39NG trainer jet with orders of 24 this year.
- Telescopic Mast development in 2 areas; Marine – for a mast with the demonstrator for Michelin’s Inflatable Wing Sail, and in civil security – used for mobile police surveillance vehicles.
- A composite hybrid four disc milling tool offering 78% reduced machining time.
- Up to 30% faster automated press line throughput speed using lighter robot arm CFRP manipulation structures that vibrate less.
CompoTech also offers process technologies that are installed as a complete automated system, with full service and support.
For further information visit the CompoTech stand at M 75, Hall 6 during JEC World 2022